Scarlet Lock is neither.
She is a soldier created to kill on command. But her memory has been erased and when she awakens in a government facility she soon discovers that this new world is a dangerous place, full of government secrets and cruel experiments performed in the name of progress.
With the help of a group of cyborgs, Scarlet will fight to uncover the truth and transform the future of the new world she now lives in.
Eternal Darkness is full of suspense, action and romance and will make readers question what it means to be human.
Rating: 4.5 stars
Things I liked about this book:
• Eternal Darkness is not really from my genre of books. I have read very few books about cyborgs and dystopian future. But this book captivated my interest, and I just couldn’t let go of the book till I reached the very last page!
• The characters are real. Whether its father figure-like Sam, confusing Madeleine, charming Eric or messed up Andrew, they are all so real and familiar. Every character felt inportant in one way or the other.
• Romance angle: I just loved the romance angle of this book!!! The boys, Eric and Andrew, are both so amazing in their own ways, I don’t know who is better. I can’t decide my ship yet, I need the next book NOW!
• That ending! Holy mother of Cliffhangers!!!!
• This book is everything it claims to be in the blurb. It really had suspense, romance, action- it won’t let you down.
Things I did not like about it:
Its a bit slow paced in the beginning. And I didn’t LOVE Scarlet, the main character. She does go through some character development, so by the ending, she grew on me.
If you like cyborg stories, THIS IS YOUR BOOK. If you like dystopian novels, THIS IS ALSO YOUR BOOK. If you have never read sci-fi/ cyborg / dystopia, and you want to try one, yes, READ THIS BOOK ALREADY.
Buy your copy here on Amazon