Melissa Parker might just be the luckiest girl on the planet.
She’s just turned twenty-one.
She’s best friends with The Kind of September.
And she’s dating Sam Morneau, everyone’s ultimate celebrity crush. Of course, no one is supposed to know about that.
As it turns out, no one is supposed to know about a lot of things that happen behind the scenes of life with the planet’s most popular boy band. Now, what should be Happily Ever After for Mel and Sam is turning into a series of secrets, manipulation, and potential heartbreak… Just in time for The Kind of September’s world tour.
Rating : 4/5 stars
Thanks to the author for providing me with a review copy 💕
Things I liked about this book:
● From the very beginning, Backstage had this aspect of suspense. With the cliffhanger ending of the previous book, the story took a tense turn, and I had to find out what happens next.
● The lead couple, Sam and Mel were so cute 💕
● As with the first book, in this one too, I felt really personally invested in the lives of the characters.
● The writing style is simple, sweet and relatable.
● THE ENDING. Jacqueline E. Smith knows exactly where to end her books. I increased the rating by one whole star just because of the ending. It makes you feel like jumping on to the next book ASAP!
Things I didn’t like about the book:
● It felt a little cliche at times, and some incidents in the book reminded me of real life celebrities, and unfortunately I am not very fond of those same celebrities and their actions. (Wow that sounded so much meaner than I intended it to be 😓)
I feel like people who like to read YA novels about romance and friendship and life problems and who love fangirling over boy bands and celebrities (like I do) should DEFINITELY give this series a go ❤
My review of Book 1: