In a village without sound…
For as long as Fei can remember, no one in her village has been able to hear. Rocky terrain and frequent avalanches make it impossible to leave the village, so Fei and her people are at the mercy of a zipline that carries food up the treacherous cliffs from Beiguo, a mysterious faraway kingdom.
When villagers begin to lose their sight, deliveries from the zipline shrink. Many go hungry. Fei and all the people she loves are plunged into crisis, with nothing to look forward to but darkness and starvation.
One girl hears a call to action…
Until one night, Fei is awoken by a searing noise. Sound becomes her weapon.
She sets out to uncover what’s happened to her and to fight the dangers threatening her village. A handsome miner with a revolutionary spirit accompanies Fei on her quest, bringing with him new risks and the possibility of romance. They embark on a majestic journey from the peak of their jagged mountain village to the valley of Beiguo, where a startling truth will change their lives forever…
And unlocks a power that will save her people.
Things I liked about the book:
• The concept. Its pretty nice. A world without sound, and then one girl who can hear. Potential: high. Did it meet my expectation: No.
• The cover is really pretty. But yes, don’t judge a book…
Things I did not like about the book:
• The beginning itself is not catchy.
• How a book so small can be so painfully boring is beyond me.
• I don’t like the main character (Fei).
• Unrealistic explanations of “scientific” phenomenon (like: cause of deafness).
• Li Wei is definitely beta, and so is Fei. Its weird.
If you like fantasy set in mystery world and light (very light) romance, and (hardly) adventure — Soundless is it.