Thanks For The Memories – Cecilia Ahern
How is it possible to know someone you’ve never met?
Joyce Conway remembers things she shouldn’t. She knows about tiny cobbled streets in Paris, which she has never visited. And every night she dreams about an unknown little girl with blonde hair.
Justin Hitchcock is divorced, lonely and restless. He arrives in Dublin to give a lecture on art and is persuaded to donate blood. It’s the first thing to come straight from his heart in a long time.
When Joyce leaves hospital after a terrible accident, with her life and her marriage in pieces, she moves back with her elderly father. All the while, a strong sense of deja vu is overwhelming her and she can’t figure out why…
I got this book as a gift on my birthday as I had been wanting to read it for ages. And to put in simply- I LOVED IT…I don’t know how Cecilia Ahern manages to make an idea so unrealistic into something that your heart will yearn to believe.. On the cover of the copy I bought, it says that Irish Times has commented- “Cecilia Ahern is queen of modern fairytale”… I totally agree…
I don’t know whether to recommend this to anyone or not.. Because these books are kind of controversial in the sense that not EVERYONE like them…But if you are ready to try out something refreshing, I’d suggest- read this book.
This one was quite difficult as it isn’t strictly a love story..
1. Angel- Sarah McLachlan (When Joyce loses her baby)
2. Distance- Christina Perri (Joyce and Connor’s marriage in pieces)
“I wish we would just give up
Cause the best part is falling,
Call it anything but love”
3. Butterfly Fly Away- Miley Cyrus (From Bea to Justin) (And don’t judge me for putting a Miley Cyrus song- this is her only good one)
4. Fix You- Coldplay ( ❤ )
5. Where Are You- Natalie ft. Justin Roman (When Justin and Joyce are searching for each other)
6. One Great Mystery- Lady Antebellum (The Ending)
Hope you like it..:-)